Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thing 4

It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there - how do you handle information overload and how do you think RSS might help with that? 


This picture is an awesome expression of my feelings on the information overload of the internet. 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25031050@N06/3292307605/lightbox/
So having RSS would most definitively seem like it would simplify my ADD of internet surfing.  Of course I feel that when I'm surfing the net I embrace my jumping around for one site to another.  My fear with RSS is that I will subscribe to numerous irrelevant feeds and it will end up looking like my favorites or bookmarks.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm chuckling because I know exactly what you mean about bookmarks. I wonder if some people just naturally organize as they go and if there are people like me who just threw them in there and hoped to find them again. Maybe the best thing that happened was that one service ended and I had to start with a new one, having learned from mistakes the first time. We learn as we go!

    Fortunately, with RSS feeds I learned early to be more selective. As time goes on we start to see things that are repeated from blog to blog or tweet to tweet. If I can follow the bloggers who regularly post relevant content and who are following other knowledgeable people in the field, sometimes less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for responding. I only wish I could follow bloggers the would post RELEVANT content. I have added four feeds with RSS already that have no ties to anything relevant I might use. Here we go again I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete